Packing for Winter Tours in Iceland with Tröll Expeditions
- Water bottle: Stay hydrated throughout your tour by bringing a refillable water bottle. Iceland is known for its pure water, so you can easily refill your bottle with tap water anywhere you go.
- Waterproof layer of clothing: Iceland is known for its changing weather, so it's essential to bring a waterproof layer of clothing to keep you dry during rain showers or snow storms. Look for a waterproof and breathable jacket or rain poncho.
- Warm layer of clothing: It's important to have a warm layer of clothing to keep you comfortable during the colder winter months. Pack a fleece jacket, insulated vest, or sweater to keep you warm and cozy. Don't forget to bring extra layers, as temperatures can drop suddenly.
- Footwear: Make sure to bring warm and waterproof footwear for your winter tour in Iceland. Look for waterproof hiking shoes or insulated winter boots to protect your feet from the snow and rain.
- Gloves: Your hands will thank you for bringing a warm pair of gloves to protect them from the cold winter wind. Look for gloves that are both warm and waterproof to keep your hands dry in case of rain.
- Beanie: A beanie is a versatile accessory that will keep your head and ears warm, as well as protect your face from the wind. Choose a beanie that is made of a warm and breathable material for added comfort.
- Swimming wear: Iceland is known for its hot springs, and a dip in the warm water is a must-do winter activity. Don't forget to bring your swimming wear so you can enjoy this unique experience.
- Thermo socks: Your feet will stay warm and comfortable all day long with a good pair of thermo socks. Look for socks that are made of a warm and breathable material, and pack a few extra pairs in case you need to change them during the day.
- Charging cable: Make sure you pack a charging cable for your phone or camera, as you'll want to capture all the amazing moments during your tour.
- Mobile phone or camera: Whether you prefer to use your mobile phone or a dedicated camera, make sure you have a device with you to take photos and videos of your winter adventure in Iceland.
- Backpack: A backpack is a convenient item to have on hand during your tour. It can be used to store all your essentials, as well as any extra layers of clothing you may need throughout the day. Look for a backpack that is waterproof and has enough room to store all your essentials.
- Extra items: Other important items to pack for your winter tour in Iceland include a hat and scarf, sunglasses or goggles to protect your eyes from the glare of the sun on the snow, and a headlamp for early morning or late night excursions.
One thing to keep in mind is that denim is not the best option for winter tours in Iceland. Denim takes a long time to dry, and can leave you feeling cold and wet if you get caught in the rain. Stick to waterproof and breathable fabrics that will keep you dry and comfortable.
In conclusion, with the right gear and preparation, your winter tour in Iceland with Tröll Expeditions will be a memorable and enjoyable experience. By following this packing list, you'll be ready to tackle any weather or terrain that comes your way. Happy travels!