Snorkeling between Continents in Silfra | Private Tour
Come snorkeling in Silfra in Thingvellir National Park. Swim between tectonic plates floating on pure water on breathtaking underwater views and receive GoPro photos for free afterwards!
✓ Small group experience ✓ Silfra Fissure ✓ Snorkeling between North American and Eurasian tectonic plates
✓ Small group ✓ Certified Snorkeling guide ✓ Free underwater GoPro photos ✓ Hot drinks after snorkeling ✓ All necessary Snorkeling equipment with a Drysuit ✓ Warm undersuit
Are you ready for the adventure?
Snorkeling in Silfra is a transcontinental once-in-a-lifetime experience. The Trolls will show you what National Geographic has described as one of the top dive sites in the world in the historically rich Thingvellir National Park – part of the famous Golden Circle route. You’ll find out for yourself as you glide between tectonic plates floating on pure, filtered glacial meltwater and tick off your bucket list the ultimate tour on breathtaking underwater views and only available in Iceland in the world’s clearest waters. And receive GoPro photos for free afterwards. Participants must have read and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement. Find it online here: https://troll.is/medical
About 3 Hours
12 years old (participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied in the water by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour).
✓ Small group (max 6 people per guide)
✓ Certified Snorkelling guide
✓ Silfra entrance fee
✓ Free photos
✓ Snorkeling equipment and drysuit
✓ Hot drinks and cookies after the tour
✓ Pick up from Reykjavik
• Thick warm socks
• Long underwear
• Contact lenses if you wear glasses
Important information. To be able to do this tour, you have to be able to comply the following requirements
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form (www.troll.is/medical). You can sign the form at the meeting location.
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the medical form.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
• We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before the event.
Þingvallavegur, 310 Mosfellsbær, Iceland
Do I need to know how to swim?
Our drysuits are buoyant and float on the water, however, it is mandatory that all participants know how to swim and feel comfortable in water to join the tour. You don’t need to be a strong swimmer, just to be able to swim and feel comfortable in the water. Our tours are considered to be safe for anyone in good physical condition. We offer all the safety equipment necessary and you will be snorkeling with a professional and certified PADI Dive Master. If you have specific questions regarding our snorkeling tour, feel free to email us.
Are photos included in the price of the tour?
Yes. GoPro underwater photos are included in the price of the tour. Your guide will take photos through your tour, both outside the water and under the water and they will be sent to you via email after the tour.
What should I wear for snorkeling tour?
We recommend that you wear thermal layer top and pants, and an extra pair of warm socks that will keep you warm under our drysuit.
If I am pregnant, can I join a snorkeling tour?
Unfortunately, we do not recommend that pregnant women participate in the Silfra snorkeling tour due to the extreme conditions of snorkeling in a tight drysuit and cold glacier water. In any case, feel free to contact our Service Team for further questions and concerns.
How does weather affect my tour?
Wind and rain are common in Iceland, in addition to snow in the winter, but we do not let challenging weather stop us from going out and enjoy nature. All we need to do is choose our clothing wisely, which is why we recommend wearing waterproof jacket and pants as the second layer. Of course, safety is our #1 priority, in case of extreme weather or road conditions, we will cancel our tours and do our best to reschedule your booking at a further date or provide a full refund.